Naturopathy & Nutrition - Traci Brown
BSc, Ad Dip Nat, Dip Nut, Dip Herb Med, MBA , MNHAA
Naturopathy & Nutritional Medicine
Naturopathy focuses on maintaining health and preventing disease by identifying and treating the causes of ill-health. It is based on the belief that the human body can heal itself given the optimal environment to enable healing to occur. It is focused on diet and lifestyle and ensuring optimal nutritional support. Because naturopathy treats the causes of ill health, it can be used for almost any health condition.
Nutritional medicine is a holistic approach to how nutrition impacts on health. It includes an understanding of the interplay between national, diet and lifestyle factors and their impact on wellbeing and disease.
Nutritional medicine includes the traditions of food as medicine and dietary therapy based on recent advances in nutritional biochemistry and therapeutics.
Naturopathy and Nutritional Medicine is suitable for people of all ages – infants, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly.
What conditions can Naturopathy and Nutritional Medicine help with?
- Fatigue,tiredness, lack of energy
- Anxiety and depression
- Women’s health – pre-conception care, pregnancy support, pre-menstrual issues and menopause
- Digestive complaints – bloating, wind, IBS, constipation, diarrhoea, wind, burping
- Skin conditions – acne, eczema, dermatitis
- Childhood illnesses including recurrent infections
- Poor immunity and wound healing
- Glandular fever and post viral syndrome
- Nutritional support for people with complex health conditions including cancer
- Men’s health
- Support for athletes
- Well-being and nutritional support for people undergoing medical treatment for serious and complex health conditions
The Benefits of Naturopathy and Nutritional Medicine treatment include:
- Increased health, vitality and concentration
- Improved immunity
- Improved energy levels
- Improvement of sleep quality
- Improved digestive health
- Decreased head aches
Naturopathy and Nutritional Medicine therapies offered include herbal medicine, dietary analysis and lifestyle advice, nutrition and therapeutics (supplements), mineral therapy and flower essences.
What to expect?
An initial consultation will take about one hour and will focus on a thorough examination of current diet and lifestyle and medical history. In addition, other guides to health and nutritional status such as iridology, blood, saliva and urine tests, hair, skin or nail analysis will be used as appropriate.
Please bring copies of any relevant medical tests to your first appointment, as well as a list of all current medications and supplements.
A treatment plan will be designed including dietary recommendations and lifestyle modifications (exercise, sleep and relaxation practices). Herbal and nutritional supplements may also be prescribed. You are encouraged to be an active participant in the process and information will be given for you to manage and better understand your health condition. Traci works in conjunction with your other health care providers.
Follow up consultations are for 30 minutes. These will include a review of current treatment and continued education and support.
Rebates are available from most private health funds.
Click here to learn more about Traci Brown