Podiatry - Grace Byrnes, Balance Foot Care
What is podiatry?
- Podiatry is a branch of the health care team which focuses on the anatomy and the pathologies from the hip to the toes, but predominantly focuses from the knees to the toes.
- As a podiatrist we assess from the feet up. If your feet are not in alignment, or your gait is inefficient this can impact further up the body into your knees, hips and lower back.
- A podiatrist completes a 4 year university degree to become accredited to provide podiatry treatment
- You don’t need a referral to see a podiatrist.
When should I see a podiatrist?
As podiatrist’s we see and treat a range of conditions. Here is a list of common injuries we treat:
- Sports injury and rehabilItation
- Achilles Tendon injuries
- Heel pain and plantar fasciitis
- Shin pain
- Foot and ankle pain, stiffness and arthritis.
- Knee pain and lower back pain (if it is related to your foot posture and/or gait.)
Other services which we provide include:
- Diabetic consults
- Bunion management and prevention
- Nail and skin care
- Running technique
At KMM Balance Foot Care we offer a thorough consultation which includes gait analysis, footwear advice, foot health care, and an in depth care plan specifically catered to you as an individual. We work closely with the team at Karuna-maya Medicine to give you the best patient experience and care offered in the Surfcoast region.
If you would like to know more, or think you could benefit from a consultation then call 5261 4146 today.
You can learn more about Grace here